Category: Nervous system and neurotransmitters
Manufacturer: Life Extension
Promotes a calming and mood-enhancing effect
- Promotes relaxation by helping to support a healthy stress response
- Encourages brainwave patterns similar to those associated with meditation & massage
- Involved in production of gamma amino butyric acid, the neurotransmitter that influences levels of dopamine and serotonin
In stock Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 24 loyalty points. Your cart will total 24 points that can be converted into a voucher of 1,20 €.
|2||23,96 €||Up to 2,00 €|
|4||23,46 €||Up to 5,99 €|
100 mg, 60 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01683
What Is L-Theanine?
L-Theanine is an amino acid found in tea that produces calming effects by favorably modulating several aspects of brain activity. L-Theanine induces brainwave patterns similar to those associated with meditation and massage.
Laboratory analysis confirms that theanine used in our formulation contains only the pure L-Theanine form of this amino acid.
Benefits at a Glance:
Promotes relaxation by helping to support a healthy stress response
Encourages brainwave patterns similar to those associated with meditation & massage
Involved in production of gamma amino butyric acid, the neurotransmitter that influences levels of dopamine and serotonin
High-quality theanine supplement
L-Theanine benefits have been known around the world, especially in eastern Asia, for centuries. Although the ancient civilizations may have named L-Theanine differently, they understood and explored the relaxing and calming effects of this compound.1 Theanine used in our formulation contains only the pure L-Theanine form of this amino acid.
Theanine is an amino acid found in tea.2 L-Theanine produces calming effects by favorably modulating several aspects of brain activity. L-Theanine promotes brainwave patterns similar to those associated with meditation and massage.3 Moreover, L-Theanine modulates the formation of the neurotransmitter gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) which in turn modulates levels of two other neurotransmitters, dopamine and serotonin, that also supports relaxing effects.4
Life Extension® L-Theanine contains 100 mg of calming L-Theanine in a convenient supplement.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
|Amount Per Serving|
|AlphaWave® L-Theanine||100 mg|
|Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, vegetable stearate.|
AlphaWave® is a registered trademark of Ethical Naturals, Inc.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule one to four times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Biol Psychol. 2007 Jan;74(1):39-45.
- Journal of Functional Foods, Volume 3, Issue 3, July 2011, Pages 171-178
- Phytother Res. 2011 Nov;25(11):1636-9.
- Trends Food Sci Technol 10 (1999), 199–204.
- J Physiol Anthropol. 2012 Oct 29;31(1):28.
- Biol Pharm Bull. 2002 Dec;25(12):1513-8.
- J Herb Pharmacother. 2006;6(2):21-30.
- Biol Psychol. 2008 Feb;77(2):113-22.
- Free Radic Biol Med. 2009 Dec 1;47(11):1601-10.
- Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004 Jul 16;320(1):116-22.
- Neurotoxicology. 2008 Jul;29(4):656-62.
- J Med Food. 2011 Apr;14(4):334-43.
- Pharmacol Res. 2011 Aug;64(2):162-8.
- Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 25, 1513e1518.
- LWT - Food Science and Technology 46 (2012) 64e70
- J Sci Food Agric. 2011 Aug 30;91(11):1931-9.
- Neurochem Res. 1998 May;23(5):667-73.
- Brain Topogr. 2009 Jun;22(1):44-51.