Mega EPA/DHA EU
Manufacturer: Life Extension
Twice as much EPA & DHA as many commercial fish oils
- Omega-3 fatty acids are essential elements of a healthy diet
- Omega-3 oils contain eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are usually lacking in the typical Western diet
- Most Americans and citizens of other Western nations consume far too many omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and not enough omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids
- Diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids is associated with cardiovascular health and increased life span
In stock Warning: Last items in stock!
|2||28,40 €||Up to 2,37 €|
|4||27,81 €||Up to 7,10 €|
Item Catalog Number: 01937EU
Omega-3 fatty acids, found in coldwater fish (and fish oil) are essential elements of a healthy diet. Omega-3 oils contain eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are usually lacking in the typical Western diet, which is filled with foods containing high amounts of omega-6 fats.1 EPA and DHA can be synthesized in the body from ALA, but EPA and DHA synthesis may be insufficient under certain conditions and for most people that consume Western diets.
Most Americans and citizens of other Western nations consume far too many omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and not enough omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. In fact, some Western diets consist of 20 parts of omega-6 to only one part of omega-3. For optimum health, the ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids should be between 1:1 and 4:1.2
Studies associate the Mediterranean diet — rich in omega-3 fatty acids, monounsaturated fatty acids such as that found in olive oil, and antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables, and herbs — with cardiovascular health and increased life span.3-11 Other studies support omega-3’s importance in cardiovascular health.12-14
Molecularly distilled Omega-3 contains twice as much EPA and DHA as most commercially available fish oil capsules.
Serving Size 2 softgels
Servings Per Container 60
|Amount per day (4 capsules)|
Fish Oil Concentrate Yielding: EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 1440 mg DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 960 mg
|Ingredients: Highly refined fish oil concentrate (Wild anchovy), fish gelatine (tilapia), humectant (glycerol), purified water, natural lemon flavour, antioxidant (extracts of rosemary)|
Dosage and Use
Take two (2) softgels one to two times daily with meals.
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Biomed Pharmacother. 2002 Oct;56(8):365-79.
- Minerva Pediatr. 2008 Apr;60(2):219-33.
- JAMA. 2004 Sep 22;292(12):1440-6.
- Int J Epidemiol. 1997 Feb;26(1):155-9.
- Br J Nutr. 2012 Aug;108(4):699-709.
- N Engl J Med. 2003 Jun 26;348(26):2599-608.
- Br J Nutr. 2000 Dec;84 Suppl 2:S205-9.
- Clin Interv Aging. 2008;3(1):97-109.
- JAMA. 2004 Sep 22;292(12):1433-9.
- Rejuvenation Res. 2012 Apr;15(2):184-8.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Apr;71(4):987-92.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Jun;87(6):1991S-6S.
- Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2008 Dec;10(6):503-9.
- J Nutr. 2010 May;140(5):1023-8.